Custody Nurse Practitioners
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for 16 Custody Nurse Practitioners to work across London for the Metropolitan Police, on a full time long term placement please see below for more information.
Location: Various across London
Pay: £38.10-£70.08 per hour
Custody Health care Practitioner (Registered Nurse or Paramedic)
Are you an experienced first-level registered adult/mental health nurse or paramedic seeking a challenging and rewarding role? Do you have the skills to handle individuals in custody experiencing aggression, mental health crises, or complex medical conditions?
The Metropolitan Police (Met) is looking for confident and experienced clinicians to join our custody suite teams across London.
As a crucial part of the team, you will utilize your clinical knowledge to provide care for acutely unwell patients, manage mental health conditions, and ensure the welfare of individuals in custody.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of detainees in police custody.
- Assess and formulate tailored care plans for vulnerable individuals with multiple medical conditions.
- Provide clinical guidance to custody staff overseeing detainees.
- Maintain accurate clinical and police records.
- Respond to clinical emergencies.
- Collect forensic samples to assist in police investigations.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving clinical practice through education, research, and innovation.
We offer a custody-focused induction to introduce you to new areas of practice.
Supported shifts will help you develop skills, preparing you to take responsibility for the aforementioned key responsibilities.
- Two days, two nights, followed by four days off duty (continuous rota).
- First level registered adult nurse, mental health nurse, or paramedic with current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council/Health and Care Professions Council.
- Minimum of three years of registration.
- Competency level equivalent to NHS Band 6.
- Competent in venepuncture on the first day of appointment.
We actively support professional development through an in-house program and provide access to external courses with an annual CPD funding of £1,000.
If you are ready for a new and challenging environment, eager to enhance your independent practice, and meet the essential criteria, we invite you to apply.
For further information or to apply, please contact Lewis at 01772 208962 or email Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Floor Layer
- Estate Maintenance Operative
- Family Support Worker
- Compliance Co-Ordinator Q079
- Internal Auditor
- Mechanical Biased Shift Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
- Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Purchasing Manager
- HSE Manager
- Health Safety & Environment Officer
- MASH Officer
- Housing Support Worker
- Service Development Officer
- Band 6 Physiotherapist
- Band 5 Pharmacy Technician
- Housing Support Worker
- Triage Officer
- Learning and Information Officer
- Band 7 Pharmacist
- Decorator Technician