Senior Finance Technician
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a local authority for a Senior Finance Technician in Lincolnshire (Hybrid) to join on a one year fixed term contract within their Technical Team, which is part of County Council's Financial Services Team.
This role may lead to a permanent role for the right person.
I attach details below regarding the vacancy but am available on 01772 208 969 if you would like to discuss in more detail.
ROLE: Senior Finance Technician
LOCATION: Lincolnshire (Hybrid)
CONTRACT: 12 months (Ongoing)
RATE: £18 per hour UMBRELLA
*Please note that this role is a hybrid working position with very minimal office attendance needed
The Role of Senior Finance Technician
- Support the Finance Team Manager - Systems Lead in developing and maintaining financial operating controls, polices, procedure and reports.
- Respond to requests for financial changes in the Council's ERP system, such as setting up new cost centres and amending financial approval roles, as well as monitoring and resolving data quality issues and supporting the housekeeping of data so that data in the system is accurate, relevant and supports financial reporting as well as decision-making.
- Ensure that IT Systems are maintained and developed to work effectively and within a sound financial governance framework
- Supporting the Finance Team Manager to identify improvements and changes to all Council IT systems which interact with the Council's finance function
- This is not a systems development role, but instead will require working with the Council's Corporate Systems team as well as external systems suppliers who have responsibility for systems development.
The Person required for Senior Finance Technician
- Has good understanding of financial and accounting processes, how these are represented in financial IT systems (Council uses Unit 4 Business World), and has experience of working with a major ERP system.
- AAT qualified or equivalent.
Benefits of the Senior Finance Technician Role
- Long term role (12 months +) with permanent opportunity
- Hybrid working with very minimal office attendance required
- Good rate of pay with a weekly payroll and Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm working pattern
If you are interested in the role of Senior Finance Technician, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Tim at Service Care Solutions
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.
- Start: 04/12/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Rate: £17 - £18 per hour
- Location: Lincolnshire, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Tim Breaker
- Tel: 01772 208 969
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-31 14:55:04 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CAMHS Crisis Nurse
- Building Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Senior Estates Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Programme Manager
- Maintenance Surveyor
- Occupational Health Physician
- Probation officer
- Group Finance Manager
- Financial Services Team Leader
- General Practitioner
- Community Care Officer
- Joiner / Multi Trader - Hackney
- Multi Plasterer - Hackney
- Support worker
- Family Support Worker
- Business Support officer
- Social worker
- Senior Social Worker