Role profile for the position of Caretaker
Job title: Caretaker
Reports to: Estate Services Supervisor
Main purpose of the role
Responsible for delivering a high quality caretaking service to residents, ensuring that estates are clean, tidy and safe while delivering customer focus at all times
Hours - 35 per week
Pay - £11.01 PAYE (£13.49 per hour Umbrella Terms)
Service Care Solutions have an ongoing temporary vacancy for a Caretaker to join a Housing Association covering the Tonbridge area of Kent.
Key Accountabilities of this role will include
- Inspect and clean all communal areas in accordance with agreed specifications including sweeping and mopping, external litter picking, leaf clearance, cleaning bin areas and rotating bins.
- Carry out health and safety checks of communal areas as required.
Report bulk rubbish, graffiti, abandoned vehicles to the appropriate teams.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Health and Safety policy and legislation.
Adhere to all risk assessments and safe working practices and report all accidents and incidents within the agreed timeframes.
- Grit estate access paths and roads when snow/ice expected.
- Assist in monitoring internal and external services provided on the estate.
- Store all equipment and chemicals safely in line with the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations and health and safety guidelines.
- Record all work through the Estate Services Monitoring system including reporting repairs and AntiSocial Behaviour issues to the relevant departments.
- Deal with residents courteously and respectfully, being helpful at all times.
- If company van supplied, ensure company vehicles are kept clean, relevant inspections completed, and accidents/damage/incidents reported in the correct manner.
- Undertake any other duties broadly consistent with the level of the post as required by the team leader/operations manager
Experience and pre-qualification criteria
- Good standard of general education
- Evidence of providing a customer focused service
- Able to effectively use a hand held computer device
- Hold a full valid manual UK driving license
- Awareness of manual handling and health and safety in the workplace
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations.
- Knowledge of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSs)
- Experience of cleaning or caretaking duties
THIS IS A SITE BASED PRACTICAL ROLE, NOT HOME/OFFICE WORKING SO NOT HYBRID.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £11.01 per hour
- Location: Tonbridge, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Prakash Panchani
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-19 16:27:31 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Worcestershire
- Registered Nurse Bristol&Weston
- ASB Officer
- Solicitor - Probate & Wills
- Occupational Therapist
- Scheme Manager