Service Care Solutions are looking for a Litigation Solicitor to work within the Gwent Police Force on a 10-month contract.
Location: Cwmbran (Hybrid)
To act in the provision of a comprehensive legal service to the Chief Constables, Police and Crime Commissioners, officers, and police staff generally of both Gwent and South Wales Police Forces.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Chief Constable and other Chief Officers and Police Authority.
- To advise and provide representation in relation to legal proceedings and hearings.
- To attend formal legal proceedings / hearings to represent the Force.
- To instruct counsel and attend conferences to ensure that relevant actions are planned and executed to protect the Force and Police Authority and in compliance with court requirements.
- To provide resilience for the Senior Solicitor and Head of Legal Services (Operational) in relation to all aspects and functions of the Legal Services department.
- To establish and develop working relationships with legal professionals employed by other Police Forces, including playing a full part in the work of the Association of Police Lawyers and to maintain working relationships with external bodies.
- To assist and make recommendations in the development of practice management standards.
- To design and deliver in-house training on appropriate topics as required / directed.
- Must be a qualified solicitor or barrister with a current practising certificate.
- Must have experience which includes making Court Applications, attendance at Court, complying with Court Directions/Orders, preparing witness statements, making decisions/recommendations in relation to liability, dealing with costs issues and briefing Counsel.
- Must have experience of providing legal advice to senior representatives or officers in an organisation.
- Must be able to draft bespoke and often complex documentation and be able to advise upon high profile issues through to conclusion.
- Must be an experienced advocate with proven negotiating and presentational skills.
- Have experience and a case management system.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience or similar relevant experience (Desirable).
- Must have knowledge and experience in the conduct and management of matters in the following fields.
- Must be able to take on an existing workload and must be prepared to undergo vetting to management level.
- Must be comfortable with responding to fast changing requirements with minimal supervision, as well as providing legal advice and guidance at strategic and day to day levels.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Level 1 Welsh essential (training will be given).
Welsh language skills Level 2 and above are desirable.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 10 Months
- Rate: £26.47 - £28.75 per hour
- Location: Cwmbran, Wales
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-19 10:37:55 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Resourcing Advisor
- CAMHS Crisis Nurse
- Building Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Senior Estates Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Programme Manager
- Maintenance Surveyor
- Occupational Health Physician
- Probation officer
- Group Finance Manager
- Financial Services Team Leader
- General Practitioner
- Community Care Officer
- Joiner / Multi Trader - Hackney
- Multi Plasterer - Hackney
- Support worker
- Family Support Worker
- Business Support officer
- Social worker