Rough sleeper Worker
JOB TITLE: Rough Sleeper Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Shift Pattern (Early 6.00am-1.30pm Late 5.00pm-12.30am)
The Slough rough sleeping reduction service works as part of a multi-agency effort,
liaising with the local authority, police and other agencies to address street
homelessness, with a particular focus upon those individuals entrenched in the cycle of rough sleeping.
The service will work with internal and external partners to identify, and respond to, reports of rough sleepers and maintain an accurate overview of the local picture.
Provide advice and referrals to services which meet the customers individual needs e.g., health care, substance misuse services, housing and benefits.
The overall aim is to enable people sleeping rough to address their needs, improve health and to find appropriate solutions to end their homelessness, also, to encourage people to lead a more settled way of life, by providing support and appropriate referrals to a range of services to those, at risk of rough sleeping.
- To be responsible and accountable for the effective delivery of high quality, outreach services for rough sleepers and those at risk of homelessness/sofa surfing etc; Conduct regular, one to one targeted street outreach provision, Respond to referrals within a reasonable time frame.
- Undertake an assessment of needs and risk to ensure client's individual needs are identified and met.
To respond to immediate needs and risks by engaging rough sleepers with relevant health and support services.
- Enable clients to relocate or return to their home/area, involving specialist agencies where necessary, promote rights, choice, dignity and independence; Always working within appropriate professional boundaries.
- This role will involve working outside of normal office hours, e.g., evenings, weekends and occasional, ‘night walks' with other Agencies, in line with rough sleeper counts etc.
Maintain an excellent working knowledge of available resources for clients, maximise the opportunities available for clients through development of partnerships with external/internal: providers.
- Experience of working with people experiencing homelessness including providing advice and information, guidance and assistance.
Experience of working in, outreach work, working with rough sleepers, Housing Advice, Homelessness or Tenancy Sustainment role.
- Experience of positively engaging with and sustaining appropriate relationships with clients who are often unwilling to engage with services.
Understanding of the multiple/complex needs experienced by homeless people.
- Experience of working in confidential situations with an understanding of when & how to share sensitive or risk information with customers and relevant agencies.
Experience of developing and delivering an excellent service to all customers.
- Experience of casework, file management and accurate recording of information.
Experience of giving accurate and relevant information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Officer
- Case Resulter
- Support and Accommodation Officer
- Finance Business Partner
- Management Accountant
- Multi Skilled Operatives
- Estate Cleaning Operative
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire