Housing Support Worker
Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Working Hours: Full-Time (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Transport: Car Driver Desirable
Background Check: Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Clearance Essential
Are you a compassionate and dedicated individual with a commitment to helping those experiencing homelessness? Do you have experience in providing support, assisting with benefits and tenancy agreements, and working with a diverse range of individuals? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As a Housing Support Worker in Birmingham, you will play a crucial role in assisting individuals facing homelessness, ranging in ages from 18 to 65.
Your responsibilities will include providing support, assisting with benefits and tenancy agreements, reporting to the service lead, and utilizing digital equipment effectively.
You will work closely with service users to help them on their journey to stable housing.
- Provide support to individuals facing homelessness, aged 18-65.
- Assist service users in accessing and delivering necessary support.
- Offer guidance on benefits, tenancy agreements, and housing-related matters.
- Collaborate with the service lead to ensure effective support provision.
- Utilize digital equipment for record-keeping and communication.
- Work independently, including periods of lone working.
- Maintain accurate records of support activities and client progress.
- Promote a safe and inclusive environment for service users.
- Optional hybrid work arrangement available.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Car driver is desirable for travel within the role.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance is essential.
- Strong organizational and digital equipment skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Compassion and empathy for individuals facing homelessness.
- Ability to work independently and effectively.
- Previous experience in a similar housing support role is advantageous.
This is a full-time position with working hours from Monday to Friday, providing stability and work-life balance.
The option for a hybrid work arrangement is available, and the role includes periods of lone working.
How to Apply:
If you are dedicated to helping individuals experiencing homelessness and have the qualifications and commitment for this role, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Case Resulter
- Support and Accommodation Officer
- Finance Business Partner
- Management Accountant
- Multi Skilled Operatives
- Estate Cleaning Operative
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse