Service Care Solutions are the leading recruitment agency for the Probation service nationwide.
We are currently recruiting for Probation Officers in Lewisham - London - Immediate Starts available subject to security clearance!
LOCATION: Lewisham - London
SERVICE: Probation Officer
DURATION: 3 - 6 months contract
PAY RATE: £26.45 - £29.30 per hour (DoE)
Probation Officer Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Providing expert advice and assessments, including written reports, to criminal courts, the Parole Board, and other relevant agencies.
- Managing offenders at medium/high risk cases
- Representing the NPS at professional meetings and participating in partnership forums, such as MAPPA and MARAC.
- Collaborating closely with colleagues, offering professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officers (PSOs) and other staff as needed.
- Conducting prison, home, or alternate location visits as necessary.
- Responding to risk escalation requests from Community Rehabilitation Companies, assessing risk levels, and determining appropriate risk management strategies.
- Delivering and co-leading accredited programs relevant to your grade.
- Fulfilling safeguarding children duties in accordance with NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies.
- Demonstrating pro-social modeling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behavior and attitudes while addressing anti-social behavior and attitudes.
- Aligning with the aims and values of NPS and NOMS.
Probation Officer Technical requirements
- You must hold a Probation Officer qualification or be a qualified Probation Officer.
In addition, successful candidates must hold the following:
- PQF Honours Degree/Graduate Diploma and Level 5 Diploma in Probation Practice; or
- Diploma in Probation Studies; or Diploma in Social Work (Probation option); or CQSW (Probation option)
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice System and the Probation Service.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Mark White on 01772 208962 or send your CV to mark.white@Servicecare.org.uk
*We offer a £250 referral fee bonus for any candidates you refer
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Worcestershire
- Registered Nurse Bristol&Weston
- ASB Officer
- Solicitor - Probate & Wills
- Occupational Therapist
- Scheme Manager