CCTV Operator - Police
Job Title: CCTV Operator
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The overall purpose of the role is to: Monitor and operate CCTV equipment including cameras, radios, and ancillary equipment making appropriate pro-active and reactive responses.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS: The key result areas in the role are as follows:
Operate all CCTV equipment, radios, and ancillary equipment: Provide pro-active and reactive monitoring of CCTV cameras to assist with the detection of crime, antisocial behaviour, and to support the reduction of crime, disorder, and the fear of crime.
Maintain a close liaison: Establish and maintain communication with the Control Rooms, police personnel, and CCTV partners in relation to any incidents.
Use police databases and computer systems: Gather, monitor, record, and communicate information to appropriate police personnel.
Monitor, operate, and communicate using all forms of equipment.
Supply extracts from CCTV recordings: Assist the front line by providing extracts from CCTV recordings and maintain records in compliance with MOPI (Management of Police Information), CCTV Codes of Practice, and TVP (Thames Valley Police) policies and procedures.
- Each Control Room monitors between 60 and 120 public space cameras, including traffic monitoring, ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition), and car park cameras.
- There are three main types of activity: proactive monitoring, reactive monitoring of live incidents, and post-incident reviews, averaging 500 to 600 per month.
- Staff are responsible for ensuring that all requests for evidential downloads comply with force policies and procedures, averaging about 500 per month.
- Staff must comply with all current legislation, including the Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse Act, MOPI, and CCTV Codes of Practice.
- Accreditation for an SIA (Security Industries Agency) license will be required, and support will be provided to obtain this qualification.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ROLE
Expertise: Concerned with the level of administrative, professional, and technical expertise (knowledge and skills) needed to perform the role effectively; may be acquired through experience, specialised training, and/or professional or specialist education and training.
The knowledge or skills required in the role are as follows (essential or desirable): E/D
(Training will be provided) (E).
For more information or to apply please contact Lewis Ashcroft at Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk
- Duration: 6 Months +
- Rate: £12.05 - £12.50 per hour
- Location: Kidlington, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-04 14:44:40 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CAMHS Crisis Nurse
- Building Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Senior Estates Surveyor
- Estates Surveyor
- Programme Manager
- Maintenance Surveyor
- Occupational Health Physician
- Probation officer
- Group Finance Manager
- Financial Services Team Leader
- General Practitioner
- Community Care Officer
- Joiner / Multi Trader - Hackney
- Multi Plasterer - Hackney
- Support worker
- Family Support Worker
- Business Support officer
- Social worker
- Senior Social Worker