Service Care Solutions are looking for a PIP2 Investigator to work within the Lancashire Constabulary on a 3-month contract.
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigating duties for serious and complex crime, ensuring that evidence obtained is recorded, secured, and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner.
To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- To provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence
- To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations to prove or disprove information and establish facts, relating to allegations of misconduct or criminal acts by Constabulary employees or volunteers.
- To manage the processing of appeals, including but not limited to maintaining accurate records, liaison with complainants, formulation of response letters/reports and updating complainants.
- To have contact with members of the public in person, on the phone and through written correspondence.
Obtain details of complaints and misconduct and where possible resolve these complaints.
- Compile detailed investigation reports and case files, conducting criminal or misconduct interviews and presenting evidence to criminal courts or misconduct meetings/hearings as required.
- To provide specialist advice, guidance, and support to divisional staff in respect of allegations, complaints and investigations and deliver PSD training packages to internal and external customers as required.
- To mentor and support the professional development of Police Investigation Officers
- To conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- To provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- To interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- To interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
- To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- To complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
- To present evidence to CPS and at court
- To be flexible in providing cover within the normal place of work and across the county.
- To support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime.
- Qualified to PIP Level 2.
- Experience of conducting successful Volume and Priority Crime investigations, both proactive and re active.
- Experience of gathering critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses, and suspects.
- Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act.
- Experience of maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems.
- Experience of communicating at all levels with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations or conflict.
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality using tact and diplomacy where appropriate.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: £16.47 - £17.08 per hour
- Location: Blackpool, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-10-04 11:58:19 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Officer
- Case Resulter
- Support and Accommodation Officer
- Finance Business Partner
- Management Accountant
- Multi Skilled Operatives
- Estate Cleaning Operative
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire