I am currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority for an Insurance Officer (Underwriting) in West Midlands (Hybrid) to join a small team headed by the Insurance Manager in a senior capacity to help with the Council's Risk Finance Strategy made up of Risk Retention through self-insurance and Risk Transfer through external insurance policies.
The Role of Insurance Officer
- Handling of insurance claims (currently 600 per annum) using both internal and external claims handling arrangements.
- Responsibility for Pre and Post renewal data collation and market presentation to support the cost effective premium rates and Terms from the insurance market.
- Develop new relationships with the idea of generating additional income arising from the Council's insurance services activities.
- Deputise for the Insurance Manager as required on all aspects of the teams duties relating to the insurance, risk management and health and safety functions.
- Provide day to day guidance and support to the Insurance Assistant and the Insurance Officer (Claims) on matters relating to the administration of the Council's insurance arrangements and the management of the external contracts.
The Person required for Insurance Officer
- Has Demonstrable experience of working in the insurance and/or risk management field within a Local Authority.
- Highly motivated and expected to carry out his/her work with the minimum of supervision.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English and Certificate of Insurance Practice (or equivalent) or evidence of knowledge gained in a professional environment to at least that level.
Benefits of Insurance Officer Role
- A long-term contract with excellent rate of pay and weekly payroll
- A senior role in a well established small team in an excellent council
- Hybrid working arrangements with a mixture of home working and office attendance
If you are interested in the role of a Credit Controller, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Tim at Service Care Solutions
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.
- Start: 02/10/2023
- Duration: 10 Months
- Rate: £26 - £28 per hour
- Location: Solihull, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Tim Breaker
- Tel: 01772 208 969
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-20 10:36:04 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Case Resulter
- Support and Accommodation Officer
- Finance Business Partner
- Management Accountant
- Multi Skilled Operatives
- Estate Cleaning Operative
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse