Technical Support - Level 3
Role: Specialist Technical Support Level 3
Pay Rate: £40,005 - £45,546 Plus a 10% Market Supplement reviewed on 1st April 2024
Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team and providing some local supervision of work colleagues as required, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end-to-end ICT Service for West Mercia Police.
To provide a high level of technical support across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers, ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications, and equipment.
Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification.
- Professional Management qualification (Level 5), or equivalent.
- ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
- Significant knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications, their use, and application.
- Substantial knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software.
- Desirable: Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor qualification, or equivalent.
Successful applicants who do not have this qualification will be given the opportunity to achieve it through the Police Staff ‘Up Skill' Apprenticeship Scheme, following successful completion of their probationary period.
- Vast experience working within physical and virtual teams, helping to manage workloads.
- Substantial experience in problem-solving, solutions development, and system management.
- Significant experience of supporting a diverse user base on both hardware and software-related issues.
- Complex issue triage, problem investigation, and coordination to closure, including major incidents.
- Significant experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage, various OS environments, and Business applications.
- Ability to drive complex application recoveries in a high-pressure area.
To apply, please send your CV to Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk.
- Start: asap
- Duration: asap
- Rate: £40005 - £45546 per annum + 10% Market Supplement
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-19 16:21:06 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Worcestershire
- Registered Nurse Bristol&Weston
- ASB Officer
- Solicitor - Probate & Wills
- Occupational Therapist
- Scheme Manager