Service Care Solutions are looking for a Content Designer to work within the London Fire Brigade on a 6-month contract.
To provide day-to-day content design and support for london.gov.uk, associated sites and other digital channels.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and content owners to plan, create, and develop usable and accessible content for our digital channels, ensuring efficient user journeys between digital platforms.
- Provide best practice and technical support to stakeholders and content owners to publish different content types.
Contribute to the development and use of the style guides and content patterns.
Help align activity and ensure brand consistency in content and approach.
- Provide hands-on content design for complex projects, including page mapping, audience identification and information architecture, to ensure user-friendly navigation.
- Ensure the organisation's web content meets best practice and accessibility standards, including monitoring, quality checking, testing, and optimising to maintain high standards.
- Communicate and champion digital content and solutions across the digital estate, internally and externally.
- Provide GDPR and technical support for data and integration management on internal and external platforms.
- Work in an agile environment.
Bring together user and stakeholder needs, plan and communicate design decisions to key stakeholders.
Build upon iterative feedback to continuously improve content quality.
- Use data and insights to assess the effectiveness of digital content to improve usability, accessibility, and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Upskill staff, deliver Content Management System (CMS) training and give advice on best practice to content owners.
Ensure staff can upload and maintain compelling content on their pages.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary, cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
- Realise the benefits of London's diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London's communities.
- Strong working knowledge of proofing, web copy editing and writing in keeping with SEO, usability, and user experience best practice.
- Good working knowledge of information architecture and wireframing techniques to visualise content and present to stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of web accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Experience of managing large data sets.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced organisation.
- Awareness of the Government Digital Service's principles set out in their Service Manual
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £22 - £23.50 per hour
- Location: City of London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Design
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-14 17:43:41 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner
- Band 8c Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Legal Secretary