Firearms Enquiry Officer
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Firearms Enquiry Officers to work within the Devon & Cornwall Police on a 6-month contract.
Locations: Exeter/Dorset (Hybrid)
To undertake enquiries to support the effective control of firearms and ammunition to ensure public safety and full compliance with legislation, Home Office directives and Force policy.
- Conduct on-site visits to assess firearms and ammunition storage security and provide crime prevention advice.
- Interview applicants, evaluating factors such as family circumstances, domestic harmony, and substance abuse to assess their suitability for a firearms certificate.
- Make informed decisions on approving or rejecting certificate applications, addressing any concerns, and notifying relevant colleagues or agencies.
- Manage appointment scheduling to accommodate applicant needs.
- Verify and address changes in existing certificate holders' circumstances that may impact their suitability to hold a firearms certificate.
- Build trust and gather information on illegal firearm use by establishing effective relationships with certificate holders.
- Interview suspects involved in breaches of certificate conditions, prepare case files, and provide statements for potential prosecution.
- Safely seize and transport firearms, when necessary, after conducting risk assessments.
- Regularly check databases for police activities involving known firearms keepers and inform the appropriate departments.
- Assess and mitigate risks related to firearms use in specific locations during certificate applications.
- Provide specialized advice and guidance to colleagues and police officers.
- Maintain and update record management systems.
- Perform other duties assigned by line management.
- Significant investigative experience over a sustained period
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Computer literacy, with the ability to interrogate computer systems and draw information.
- Working knowledge of firearms legislation and current working practices is desirable (willingness to be trained is essential).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and written to internal and external stakeholders, including the public.
- Ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues to abstract information and make evidence-based recommendations.
- Proven experience of decision-making utilising a recognised decision-making model.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £14.64 - £14.98 per hour
- Location: Exeter, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-06 12:20:35 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- CTP HR National Functions Support Officer
- Social Worker
- Social Worker
- Business Manager, Governance and Assurance
- Band 6 Counsellor
- Residential Support Worker
- Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist
- Band 5 Community Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Taunton
- Mental Healthcare Assistant Worcestershire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse Gloucester
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Bristol
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Herefordshire
- Registered Paediatric Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Worcestershire
- Registered Nurse Bristol&Weston
- ASB Officer
- Solicitor - Probate & Wills
- Occupational Therapist
- Scheme Manager