Service Care Solutions are looking for a Probation Officer in the Oxford area.
Overview of the job
The Job holder will undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders under supervision including assessment, sentence implementation and producing reports; utilising service procedures and practice directions to underpin professional judgement.
To assess and manage the risk posed by offenders to protect victims of crime and the general the public by:
- Providing information and advice to criminal courts, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- Supervise offenders subject to community orders and licences and during custodial sentences
- Contribute to the management of risk
- Work with other agencies and groups to prevent crime and meet the needs of victims and offenders
In line with NPS policies and procedures, the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they undertake.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
Probation Officers may be required to undertake any combination, or all, of the duties and responsibilities set out below.
- To provide professional advice and assessment, including written reports to courts, the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high.
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- To ensure timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises, prisons and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce re-offending
- To attend professional meetings and represent the NPS at appropriate partnership forums e.g.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- To undertake prison, home or other alternate location visits as required
- Respond to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed
- To deliver and co-lead accredited programmes commensurate with grade
- To conduct mandatory alcohol and drug tests as required, and to follow prescribed medication procedures
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
- You must hold a Probation Officer qualification or be a qualified Probation Officer.
In addition, successful candidates must hold the following:
- PQF Honours Degree/Graduate Diploma and Level 5 Diploma in Probation Practice; or
- Diploma in Probation Studies; or Diploma in Social Work (Probation option); or CQSW (Probation option)
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice System and the Probation Service.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation and National Standards.
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and risk/needs assessment tools.
If you have any friends or colleagues who are interested in working for Service Care, we have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: £22.44 - £26.45 per hour
- Location: Oxfordshire, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Oliver Jefferson
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-08-21 16:37:56 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- ADULTS ADVANCED PRACTITIONER
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner