Housing Care & Support Worker - Sutton in Ashfield
Housing Care & Support Worker
Ad-Hoc Shift Cover
Days / Nights Available
One of the largest housing associations in the Midlands is recruiting for a Housing Care & Support Worker to provide ad-hoc bank support within their supported living services in the East Midlands.
The Services & Locations
This Housing Care & Support Worker role will be working on an ad-hoc basis with residents within supported housing and independent living settings across the East Midlands; Alfreton, Asby De La Zouch, Bolsover, Brimington, Buxton, Chesterfield, Clay Cross, Duston, Eckington, Glossop, Hasland, Kettering, Mansfield, Matlock, Normanton, Rushden, Staveley, Stockport, Sutton in Ashfield, Whitwell.
These services will vary in the support required, from housing and tenancy sustainment, to personal care and from general needs to mental health support focuses.
Shifts will be released on a monthly and short-notice basis, and they can be accepted or rejected with no obligation.
The focus of this Housing Care & Support Worker role is to provide outstanding levels and high standards of integrated, person centred care and support that meets the needs, aspirations and ambitions of service users:
- Safe and Effective Care: Contributing to the care and support plans of individuals to meet their assessed needs.
Providing high-quality overnight care and support, assisting with hygiene, mobility, continence, dressing, and general care.
Regularly checking on residents according to their care plans and records.
- Supporting Personal Goals: Encouraging individuals to set and achieve personal goals and aspirations.
Supporting their engagement in cultural, religious, and recreational activities.
Assisting in the development of new skills and fostering meaningful relationships with family and the community.
- Record Keeping: Ensuring accurate and up-to-date records of service delivery, outcomes, incidents, and safeguarding concerns.
Participating in Best Interest Reviews and Mental Capacity Assessments.
- Tenancy Support: Conducting nightly Health & Safety checks of the property to ensure a safe environment.
Reporting and arranging necessary repairs and adaptations.
Empowering service users to maintain their tenancy and provide feedback about their home.
- Personal Development: Undertaking mandatory training and identifying opportunities for personal development.
Engaging in regular supervisions and team meetings.
Complying with Health & Safety and Safeguarding Policies.
To be considered for this Housing Care & Support Worker role, you will require previous care and support experience, ideally working with older people, or those with mental health support needs.
You will also require the following skills and experience:
- Mandatory training (medication, manual handling etc)
- Additional training preferable (epilepsy, diabetes, PBS, dementia)
- Enhanced DBS
This is Housing Care & Support Worker role, is to provide ad-hoc and pre-booked shift cover across a number of locations in the East Midlands area.
There is no obligation to accept shifts, so hours can be as high or low as desired, and shift pattern can be made to suit your personal life situation.
If a permanent job arises with the client, you will be able to apply as an internal member of staff, whilst on contract, so there is a strong chance the role could lead to a permanent position.
If this Housing Care & Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Care & Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Care & Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £11 - £14 per hour
- Location: Sutton-In-Ashfield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-07-26 10:09:20 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner
- Band 8c Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Legal Secretary
- Independent Review and Conference Officer
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered General Nurse