Highways Procurement Engineer
A client within the Public Sector based in Lancashire is currently recruiting for a Procurement Engineer to join their highways team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority.
Key purpose of the role is to provide technical and specialist advice on the suitability of materials for Highway Maintenance.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Producing procurement tenders for materials and other assets
- Writing material specification in accordance with current standards,
- Ensuring that the correct testing is being undertaken during resurfacing works
- Lead on the design of complex special civil engineering difficulty projects.
- Management of testing of cores and ensure compliance of tar waste recycling, to prevent disposal, to current legislation.
To be considered for this role you will require to be professionally qualified or have a relevant degree plus substantial experience and a full UK driving licence.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Recent materials engineering and experience of working in civil engineering
- Experience of solving complex civil engineering problems
- Up to date and authoritative knowledge materials and civil engineering including of the work practices, systems, processes, and procedures relevant to the role, and able to apply this knowledge in new and varied circumstances.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £25 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: Up to £25 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: City of Preston, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-07-24 11:46:08 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner
- Band 8c Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Legal Secretary