Service Care Solutions are looking for an Assessment Officer to work within the Greater Manchester Police on a 10-month contract.
Location: Newton Heath
To be the first port of call for all contact into the branch by the public, partners and GMP staff, ensuring all incoming work into the branch is quickly assessed and passed to the correct resource.
- Receive reports of complaints from third parties using all the above methods.
- Receiving reports of complaints from members of the pubic via GMP staff using all of the above methods, also including the use of the GMP complaint form and in person reporting.
- Contacting all complainants via telephone or in writing to establish the exact nature of the complaint and to assist in deciding how the complaint should be dealt with.
- Deciding whether a complaint, on receipt is critical enough to be raised immediately to the assessment team supervisor.
- Attempting to resolve complaints “there and then” in line with the Police Reform Act 2002.
- Calling members of the public about their complaint and probing / interviewing them to extract as much detail as possible to enable their complaint to be assessed correctly.
- Whilst speaking to members of the public, challenging them with tact and diplomacy should there be clear evidence of a malicious complaint (for example body worn video footage).
- Recording the complaint on the Branch's complaint recording system.
- Creating a file (paper or electronic) including all relevant documents.
- Allocating the complaint to an appropriate resource for investigation or local resolution.
- Using a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Including experience of applications such as spreadsheets, word processors, web browsers and email software.
- Dealing with members of the public, (particularly by telephone) in a complaint, help desk or advice capacity.
- Working as part of a team.
- Briefing colleagues or managers about work related matters.
- Research a topic using various sources including IT systems.
- Gathering relevant information, identifying options, and then making decisions, all whilst being open to new information.
- Ability to learn how to use new software.
- Ability to gather information from a range of sources to understand situations, making sure it is reliable and accurate.
- Excellent communication skills; particularly listening.
- Resilience when managing difficult conversations with members of the public or customers.
- Problem solving.
- Multi-task and prioritise.
- Listen to, or read, an account then summarises it accurately in a written form using an IT system such as a word processor.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 10 Months
- Rate: Up to £15.95 per hour
- Location: Newton Heath, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-07-18 16:22:49 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner
- Band 8c Consultant Clinical Psychologist