Young People Support Worker
Oxford / Didcot / Whitney
Young People - 16-24
Full Time - 35 Hours
3 Month Temp to Perm Contract
One of the largest housing associations in the UK is recruiting for an experienced Support Worker to join their Young People service in Oxfordshire, to provide housing related independent living support to their service users across three services in Oxfordshire on a temp to perm basis
This Young Person Support Worker role will be based across 3 services in Oxfordshire (Oxford, Didcot & Whitney) with a combined total of 22 service users, who are all care leavers, aged 16-24.
Support is provided to help these service users in to independent living and out of the support system.
The focus of this Young Person Support Worker role is to provide comprehensive support and guidance, helping service users develop essential life skills, access education and employment opportunities, and ultimately thrive in independent living.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Build positive and trusting relationships with young people aged 16-24, providing them with emotional support, practical guidance, and advocacy.
- Develop personalized support plans in collaboration with service users, addressing their individual needs, goals, and aspirations.
- Assist young people in developing essential life skills, including budgeting, cooking, job searching, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Support service users in accessing education, vocational training, and employment opportunities, promoting their personal and professional growth.
- Encourage young people to engage in positive social activities and community involvement to enhance their sense of belonging and build a supportive network.
- Provide advice and assistance with finding suitable accommodation, liaising with housing providers, and supporting service users in their transition to independent living.
- Collaborate with external agencies, such as mental health services, education providers, and local authorities, to ensure comprehensive support for young people.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of service user progress, assessments, and any incidents or safeguarding concerns.
- Stay informed about relevant legislation, policies, and best practices relating to young people's support services, ensuring compliance and promoting continuous improvement.
To be considered for this Young People Support Worker role, you will require experience working with young people aged 16-24, preferably in a support or mentoring capacity.
- A genuine passion for empowering young individuals, with a compassionate and empathetic approach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport with diverse individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage a caseload effectively.
- Knowledge of key issues faced by young people, such as mental health, substance misuse, unemployment, and homelessness.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and the ability to respond appropriately to safeguarding concerns.
- A driving license and access to a car is essential due to travel requirements across Oxfordshire
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users you will be working with, you will require an Enhanced DBS for this role.
If you have an existing DBS on the update service, this will be beneficial to your application.
This is Young People Support Worker role, is on an initial 3 month temporary contract working 35 hours per week, 9-5 Monday to Friday.
The role is covering the recruitment process for a permanent member of staff so has an excellent chance of being extended or becoming permanent beyond the 12 week stage.
If this Young People Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Young People Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Young People Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: £11 - £15 per hour
- Location: Didcot, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-06-30 14:33:06 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- ADULTS ADVANCED PRACTITIONER
- Customer Resolutions Manager
- Property Development Programme Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Community Payback Supervisor
- Community Support Worker
- Finance Officer
- Probation officer court report writer Doncaster
- Registered General Lead Nurse
- Digital Supply Chain Analyst
- Probation Officer - Southwark
- Remote Probation Officer - South Essex
- Probation Officer - Highbury Magistrates Court
- Probation Officer - Newham
- Supervising Practitioner