Technical Officer - Disabled Facility Grant
A client within the Public Sector based in North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Technical Officer - DFG to join their adaptations team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority.
Key purpose of the role is to support the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) team in all aspects of the technical work for the Council with a particular focus on Adaptations.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Carry a caseload of adaptations, including both Adults and Children.
- Work closely with Occupational Therapists on adaptations, having a detailed understanding of adaptations to be able to provide guidance and support on what is technically possible, within the legislation and other policies and procedures.
- Process adaptations cases including checking plans and costings, supervising work on site, assessing works for stage payments and ensuring all works comply with legislation, policy and procedure and Health and Safety.
To be considered for this role you will require relevant building qualification to HNC/HND level or above or part professional level (e.g.
RICS, ICW, IMBM, CIEH, BIAT) and trained or practised in the use of CAD packages.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Experience and contribution in tendering and implementing procurement contracts.
- Working with contractors to manage projects, achieve good quality works and adherence to programme.
- General property maintenance, with a domestic property bias.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £20 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: Up to £20 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: Selby, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-23 13:55:58 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist