Buddy/Wellbeing Co-ordinator - Lancashire
POST: Buddy/Wellbeing Co-ordinator
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: PART TIME 22.5 hours over 3 days
SALARY £23,887.50 Pro Rata
LOCATION & SETTING: Based at HMPs Lancaster Farms & Kirkham with some travel between prisons in the cluster (HMPs Garth, Wymott & Preston)
To co-ordinate the training, supervision and management of the Buddy Support Worker programme at HMPs Lancaster Farms & Kirkham with occasional support in other prisons within the cluster covering annual leave or sickness.
To provide high quality, innovative, holistic, responsive support, advice and intervention to ensure the needs of those who have health and social care needs are supported.
Prisoners, Prisons, Local Authority Social Work Team, Healthcare, Education, Probation and other voluntary/third sector agencies.
- To work within the Contract, the policies, procedures and budgets set by the board
- To work closely with the Service Manager/Buddy Lead and Management Team, supporting the development and delivery of work-streams during the life of the contract.
- To recruit, plan and deliver the Buddy Support Worker programme of training to prisoners, using the modules and resources available, providing a consistent, quality service.
- To ensure the organisational and individual statutory responsibilities are met with regards to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote the engagement and retention of Buddies through delivery, observations and supervision, providing support and follow up training where required
- Adhere to all prison health, safety and risk requirements including risk assessment of course delivery and Buddy engagement, adhering to Prison Service Instructions (PSIs) and all appropriate procedural requirements.
- To promote equality and diversity and appropriate Buddy conduct throughout all delivery and Buddy engagement.
- Educated to at least “A” level or NVQ Level 3
- Teaching or training qualification (PTTLS or equivalent) or willing to work towards
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- 24 months experience of working with older people, individuals in the Criminal Justice system or a social care setting
- Interview and assessment skills
- IT Skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practical approach to organising and time management
- Excellent communicator, both oral and in writing with people of all levels
- Working within a team environment and individually in order to reach team and business goals
- Experience of arranging and delivering group activities and workshops
For further information please contact Cheyenne.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208962
- Rate: Up to £23887.5000 per annum
- Location: Kirkham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Charities
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Cheyenne Atkinson
- Tel: 01772 208962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-17 08:57:05 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Team Manager
- Extra Care Housing Team Manager
- Housing Support Worker
- Housing Support Worker
- Independent Living Coordinator
- Band 5 - Registered Mental Health Nurse - Middlesbrough
- Band 2 General Healthcare Assistant - CHCP
- Maintenance Joiner
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor