Housing Support Worker
Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Location: Gwynedd, Northwest Wales
Contract: 9 Month
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in people's lives? Do you have a strong commitment to ensuring access to safe and affordable housing for individuals and families? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Housing Support Worker in Gwynedd.
As a Housing Support Worker, you will play a vital role in assisting individuals and families facing housing-related challenges.
Your compassionate nature and dedication will help empower our clients to overcome obstacles and achieve stable housing.
You will work collaboratively with local housing associations, social services, and community organizations to provide comprehensive support and guidance.
- Conduct thorough assessments of individuals' housing needs and develop personalized support plans.
- Assist clients in navigating the housing system, including applying for suitable accommodations and accessing benefits.
- Provide advocacy services on behalf of clients to ensure their rights are upheld and their needs are met.
- Help clients develop essential life skills such as budgeting, maintaining a clean-living environment, and fulfilling tenancy obligations.
- Connect clients with relevant support services such as mental health counselling, addiction treatment, and employment and training opportunities.
- Engage with the local community through outreach programs, workshops, and collaborations with community groups.
- Stay up to date with housing policies, legislation, and local resources to provide accurate information and guidance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role or a related field is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish rapport with clients and advocate effectively on their behalf.
- Empathy, compassion, and a non-judgmental approach when working with individuals facing housing challenges.
- Knowledge of housing policies, legislation, and resources is advantageous.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple cases and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including clients, housing associations, and community organizations.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and the ability to work independently.
This is a full-time role, with working hours of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The successful candidate will be based in Gwynedd but may occasionally be required to work at other locations.
If you are interested in this rewarding role, please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Rate: Up to £15.50 per hour
- Location: Gwynedd, Wales
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Connor Sarginson
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-15 09:13:52 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist