Domestic Abuse Worker
Flexible Support Officer
Domestic Abuse Service
Oxford / Banbury
6 Month FTC (Potential for Perm)
Full Time (Part time available)
One of the largest housing associations in the UK is recruiting for an experienced Domestic Abuse worker, to join their team in the Oxford and Banbury area, as a Flexible Support Officer, covering their outreach, helpline and refuge services on an initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract.
This Flexible Support Officer role is based within the Domestic Abuse Service (ADAS), which currently holds contracts for the delivery of domestic abuse services in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
The service operates refuges, places of safety, and helpline services, as well as delivering outreach services, all within a psychologically informed environment (PIE).
You will be required to work from either the main office (Oxford) or one of two refuge locations (Oxford / Banbury) for much of your working week, however as a Flexible Support Officer, your workload will fluctuate, and so this can be flexibly agreed with your line manager
In this role as a Flexible Support Officer, you will be expected to deliver excellent services to those at risk of, fleeing, or having survived domestic abuse, with compassion and respect, upholding the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Work flexibly across all areas of ADAS - helpline, refuge, places of safety and outreach.
- Attend and actively participate in multi-agency meetings.
- Be an ambassador for domestic abuse services, promoting the ADAS service internally as well as to external partners.
- Work jointly and cohesively with housing management teams to give the best possible service to those that we are supporting.
- Monitor occupation levels and minimise void rent loss across the service.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained in compliance with internal procedures, regulatory and contractual requirements.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have previous experience working within a Domestic Abuse service, or at least working within a supported setting with complex needs.
You will also require:
- Experience of providing effective customer focused service.
- Understanding of managing safeguarding issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to network and build strong relationships with partner agencies, community groups and key stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with distressed vulnerable service users.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Full driving license and access to a car.
- Ability to work non-standard hours on occasion based on service user and commissioner needs.
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users you will be working with, you will require an Enhanced DBS, if you have an existing DBS on the update service, this will be beneficial to your application.
Don't worry if you don't think you tick every box - we appreciate that everyone's experiences are different and would be keen to hear from you
This is a six month fixed term contract, working full time on a rota basis between 0800 and 1000, Monday to Friday.
However Part Time applications will also be considered.
The salary on offer is £22,286 - £26,978 (pro rata), dependent on experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
If this Scheme Manager role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Scheme Manager role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Bank Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £22286 - £26978.00 per annum
- Location: Banbury, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-05 13:43:25 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist