Independent Living Officer
Independent Living Officer
Ongoing Temporary Contract
Potential Temp to Perm
One of the largest housing associations in the North West is recruiting for an experienced Independent Living Officer for their independent living service across Merseyside on a temp to perm basis.
As a Independent Living Officer, you will provide an effective housing management service and your key objective will be to develop an effective housing action and risk management plan with each customer, that meets their outcomes as identified from needs and risk assessments.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Report repairs to the Contact Centre/contractor, facilitate essential maintenance
- Maintain an efficient administrative system to ensure the accuracy of information and records relating to service/service users.
- Review housing action and risk management plans at 12 monthly intervals as a minimum
- Supply scheme Performance Indicator information and statistics when required.
- Referral of serious Anti-Social Behaviour cases to the Anti-Social behaviour Team.
Deal with low level cases of ASB and record on case management systems.
- Monitor the status of all void properties in the area
- Advise tenants and customers regarding the organization's policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of the service by attending focus groups/staff meetings, as required.
- Liaise with the Furnished Package Officer in the management of furniture packages
- Recommend improvements to estates and carry out estate management functions.
- Carry out Estate Walkabouts and patrols
- Deal with routine enquiries and correspondence within corporate time scales.
- Liaise with external agencies, other departments, key stakeholders and community organizations as necessary to ensure effective service delivery.
- Complete compliance/health and safety checks/risk assessments as required.
To be successful in this Independent Living Officer role, you will preferably educated to CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice or willing to study this qualification.
You should have previous experience of working with, and a thorough understanding of dealing with vulnerable groups, as well as experience of liaising with social, medical and care agencies, as well as managing a supported housing service.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure and manage your own workload without direct supervision.
You should be able to work in and adapt to a changing environment and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
You should have the ability to prioritize your workload in order to meet deadlines and have
As the role is agile and covering a number of areas, you will need to be able to drive, with access to a vehicle for work.
Additionally, as the role is working with vulnerable clients, you will also require an enhanced DBS check.
This Independent Living Officer post is on a full time temporary contract, which will be ongoing with a good chance of becoming permanent.
Working hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday.
If this Independent Living Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Independent Living Officer role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Independent Living Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Rate: £14 - £16 per hour
- Location: Bootle, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-04 16:21:00 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist