IS Business Analyst
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Business Analyst to work within the Derbyshire Constabulary on a 12-month contract.
- The post holder will be working within the Business Engagement Team responsible for engagement with stakeholders, assessing business needs and making critical decisions to inform realistic and cost-effective recommendations.
- Identifying and comparing processes and delivery methods, measuring, and evaluating outcomes, and helping teams to decide the best approach.
- Investigating problems and analysing options for new and existing services, providing recommendations, and working with stakeholders to identify objectives and opportunities.
- Analysing current services and processes, identifying, and implementing opportunities to optimize them, and evaluating and establishing requirements.
- Modelling situations using a wide range of techniques, gaining necessary agreement from subject matter experts and stakeholders, and reporting on system quality and collecting metrics on test cases.
- Applying a digital understanding to work, identifying, and implementing digital solutions, undertaking technical business analysis, and continually reviewing processes for improvements.
- Understanding and applying the current target operating model and innovation.
- Selecting and supporting appropriate tools or methods, eliciting requirements using multiple techniques, and documenting system specifications.
- Identifying important stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs, and building relationships while meeting user needs.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and defining test conditions, identifying issues and risks, analysing and reporting test activities and results, and working with key stakeholders to resolve defects.
- Identifying user needs and engaging with stakeholders to collect user needs evidence, defining research that fits user needs, and using quantitative and qualitative data to turn user focus into outcomes.
- Holds a degree (or comparable) in a relevant subject, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of all stages within the project lifecycle, preferably in projects that have given exposure to waterfall and iterative (e.g., Agile) approaches.
- Can evidence the ability to analyse and document complex business processes using recognised methodologies and techniques (e.g., UML and BPMN modelling).
- Understanding changes to the digital landscape, making informed decisions based on user need, available technology, and value for money.
- Evidence of business benefit identification to inform options and to make sure outcomes are aligned with business strategy.
- Experience of writing formal specifications containing technical, functional, and non-functional requirements for digital solutions using exceptional written English.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to quickly develop effective working relationships and to influence and challenge key stakeholders to bring about business change.
- Experience of using Office 365 to produce documentation and perform analysis of data.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Months
- Rate: £31.26 - £33.17 per hour
- Location: Derby, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-04 15:04:34 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Theatre Nurse
- Customer Service Advisor
- Team Manager
- Extra Care Housing Team Manager
- Housing Support Worker
- Housing Support Worker
- Independent Living Coordinator
- Band 5 - Registered Mental Health Nurse - Middlesbrough
- Band 2 General Healthcare Assistant - CHCP
- Maintenance Joiner
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS