Service Care Solutions are looking for a Vehicle Technician to work within the Cumbria Police on a 6-month contract.
Location: Carlisle Police Station
To service, maintain and repair a specialist fleet of police vehicles and allied policing equipment and ancillaries for Cumbria constabulary.
All work to be completed in an effective, efficient, and economic manner, within all force and legislative requirements, to allow the Constabulary to meet both operational and non-operational commitments.
- Maintain programmes and schedules to achieve departmental objectives within budget.
- Prioritize and plan work, considering wider force activity and potential impact on local force delivery.
- Arrange for vehicle transportation and minimize use of recovery/transport agencies where possible.
- Consult with Fleet Service Manager to monitor instances of avoidable vehicle damage and misuse/neglect.
- Adhere to legislation regarding vehicle fleet servicing, maintenance, and repair.
- Follow manufacturers' repair instructions and service vehicles accurately.
- Accurately diagnose and rectify faults using high and low technology electrical equipment.
- Actively carry out preventative maintenance during maintenance events.
- Accurately determine serviceability of vehicle components using industry-recognized tools and equipment.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams and analyze feedback from vehicles.
- Input job details and measurements onto the Fleet computer system (TRANMAN).
- Order and manage stock of vehicle parts, equipment, and consumables.
- Maintain test equipment and provide ongoing information to the Fleet Service Manager on workshop operations and equipment's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Advise the Fleet Service Manager of potential warranty claims and arrange for ancillary equipment repairs.
- Arrange for external repair of defects and damage to fleet and ancillary equipment when necessary.
- Plan and manage Fleet Services courtesy vehicles.
- Carry out repair and maintenance of non-police vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in cleaning garages and associated buildings.
- Comply with health and safety legislation and the Constabulary's health and safety policy.
- Take responsibility for continued professional development and attend training courses.
- Demonstrable experience in vehicle maintenance and workshop operations in petrol, diesel, Mild hybrid, hybrid, and EV vehicles.
- Experience in vehicle electrical systems including fault diagnosis and repair.
- Must have knowledge of Health and Safety in Motor Vehicle Repair and Associated Industries.
- Awareness of general risk assessments, COSHH regulations and Health and Safety regulations, pertinent to the vehicle maintenance industry.
- Post holder must have the minimum of NVQ level 3 in vehicle mechanical and electrical systems or equivalent.
- Significant experience in the motor vehicle repair industry such as a time served apprenticeship in vehicle engineering.
- Computer Literate (Excel, Word etc).
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962.
Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £17 - £17.71 per hour
- Location: Carlisle, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 208 962
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-05-03 16:16:59 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist