Highways Asset Management Engineer
A client within the Public Sector based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Highways Asset Management Engineer to join their team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a highway's environment.
Key purpose of the role is to work as part of a team, monitor, record and report on works on the highway ensuring compliance with permit requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor and report on works on the highway by carrying out inspections under NRASWA, including inspection of works, reinstatements and ironwork.
- Ensure that all works promoters comply with signing, lighting and guarding requirements, as required by Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and “Safety at Street Works and Road Works: a code of Practice”.
- Ensure that works promoters comply with the “Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways”.
- Undertake permit compliance checks.
To be considered for this role you will require full NRASWA Supervisor accreditation and a full and valid driving licence and be able to drive a council vehicle.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- GCSE (Maths and English Grade C and above) or equivalent/NVQ 2.
- Commitment to gain specific qualifications within a specified period depending on the discipline e.g.
accreditation under NRASWA (New Roads and Street Works Act) as a supervisor.
- Has ability to apply technical knowledge and understanding to a range of highways related activities.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering up to £30 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: Up to £30 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: Huddersfield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-04-14 15:22:45 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist