Tenancy Enforcement Officer
Job Title: Tenancy Enforcement Officer
Work Pattern: Part Time, Tuesday Wednesday Friday
Type: 3 months temp ongoing
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Lambeth, who are looking for someone to encourage compliance with tenancy terms and conditions to sustain tenancies.
You will be expected to take appropriate early intervention or enforcement action to deal with breaches of tenancy and leasehold conditions including nuisance and anti-social behaviour occurring within housing services managed sites or the local neighbourhood.
- Undertake investigations into breaches of tenancy/lease conditions, nuisance, and antisocial behaviour, taking early intervention and/or enforcement action where necessary to ensure tenancy/lease conditions are complied with.
- Manage a caseload of enforcement, nuisance, and anti-social behaviour (ASB) cases using, as appropriate, the full range of early intervention and enforcement measures available in line with ASB and Enforcement policies.
- To ensure accurate recording of all casework using existing systems to monitor progress, case development and performance.
- To provide advice, guidance, and information on self-help remedies to residents, and Neighbourhood Housing Officers responsible for managing the first stages of ASB casework.
- Prepare cases for enforcement action by, for example, gathering evidence, undertaking surveillance, obtaining statements from witnesses, and liaising with relevant external agencies or Council officers as appropriate, for example, Police, Probation, LFB, Environmental Services, Community Safety, Community Mental Health Team and Legal Services.
- To take part in joint operations with the police and partners in order to obtain evidence and assist in detection and preventative measures to reduce incidence of crime and antisocial behaviour.
- To communicate with and support witnesses throughout the enforcement process.
- Attend evictions when required.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current issues facing Social Housing and London local authorities
- Good understanding of housing or building legislation and best practice
- At least two years of experience gained within a housing management role
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from tenants and leaseholders
- Experience of pre-allocation of empty properties
- Experience of enforcement of conditions of tenancy, including service of notices, evidence gathering, attendance at court, witness support and mediation
- Educated to NQF level 3 (e.g.
A level/BTEC National Diploma, NVQ level 3) or has equivalent demonstrable experience
- Holds a relevant professional qualification or is following a course of study leading to the above
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: £130 - £135 per day
- Location: Lambeth, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Joel Hopwood
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-04-05 12:18:14 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist