Senior Building Surveyor
A client within the Public Sector based in Essex is currently recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor to join their repairs and maintenance team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time, 12-month fixed term position with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a housing association or local authority.
Key purpose of the role is to undertake all aspects of the professional surveying functions required in the provision of a professional Asset Management service in the Housing Association sector and to ensure that the Associations stock is maintained in the highest possible standard.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure that the Association's properties, communal areas and estates are well maintained and that a proactive approach is taken to the overall improvement of standards including cross-team working.
- Inspect properties in response to tenant requests and property status for all asset management activities, assess requirements for repairs, improvements and safety checks.
- Supervise works on site, ensuring works are completed on time, to quality standards and budget and comply with all appropriate legislation, bylaws, good professional practice and Health & Safety regulations.
To be considered for this role you will require the appropriate technical qualification (e.g.
HNC Building Studies) or equivalent through relevant training/experience.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Degree qualified MCIOB or RICS accredited
- Current full driving licence, vehicle owner and holder of appropriate insurance for use on Association business.
- Experience of using a wide range of software packages
- Able to understand financial information, including budgeting
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £48.000 / £53.000 per annum.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Duration: 12 months
- Rate: £48000 - £53000 per annum
- Location: Billericay, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-30 13:06:42 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist