Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
I am currently recruiting for a permanent Senior Children's Residential Support Worker for a new home in Kings Heath.
The ideal candidate is required to have previous experience and hold their Level 3 NVQ - this position pays up to £32,000 per annum.
Purpose of the post:
To assist the manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose.
To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager.
To support and manage the staff to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people.
To undertake direct work with children and young people as appropriate.
To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To meet the needs of children through:
- To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel secure and free from harm.
- To actively promote the child's/young person's education by assisting with and encouraging school attendance, homework, school liaison, attending parent's meetings/evenings, PEP's etc, in particular with the Education Department.
- To act as a positive role model to any child within the organisation.
To bring into practice a Therapeutic approach in dealing with any Child regardless of age.
- To assist the Support Workers in their roles as Key Workers and act as a link worker to the Children/Young People when their Key Worker is not available.
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child's care plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- To be responsible for, the maintenance of good quality written records and reports regarding the children/young people in our care.
To ensure that all paperwork is clear and eligible.
- Chairing children's meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally
- Acting as an appropriate adult where appropriate.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £25000 - £32000 per annum
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Adam Stone
- Tel: 01772 208 964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-28 15:58:15 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Support Worker
- Independent Living Coordinator
- Band 5 - Registered Mental Health Nurse - Middlesbrough
- Band 2 General Healthcare Assistant - CHCP
- Maintenance Joiner
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse