Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Habilitation Specialists with Hertfordshire County Council in Hemel Hempstead.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Vision Impairment (VI) Team to deliver support to babies, children and young people, their families and settings, working in partnership with members of the Vision Impairment Team and wider services.
You will work across Hertfordshire under the guidance of the Lead Teacher for vision impairment and alongside Specialist Advisory Teachers.
You will work with babies, children and young people with vision impairment across a range of settings, including homes.
You will deliver habilitation training and support, according to their assessed needs
This is an exciting opportunity and the role will include -
- Assess, develop, deliver and monitor the habilitation needs of children and young people with vision impairment, in agreement with the children and young people and/or, where appropriate, Parents/Carers and others closely involved.
- Undertake environmental audits in settings/schools/public areas, as required.
- Undertake appropriate risk assessments, advise schools on specific risk management strategies e.g.
for school trips/activities.
- Undertake home visits and when appropriate, work in the evenings according to individual needs of children and young people.
- Provide guidance/support to Parents/Carers, and other professionals in order to ensure habilitation training and independent living skills in the school and home settings is complementary and consistent.
- Liaise with Parents/Carers, Teachers, support staff and other professionals within educational settings regarding the habilitation needs of children and young people with vision impairment.
- Maintain detailed records of habilitation provision, writing reports for children and young people on caseload.
- Contribute to the EHC Plan assessment process and annual EHC Plan Review, as appropriate.
It is essential that you have the following:
- You maintain registration with Habilitation VI UK or acquire this following completion of the qualification
- You hold a driving licence and access to your own vehicle as travel is required in this role.
- You will hold BSc (Hons) Habilitation Work or Graduate Diploma in Habilitation and Disabilities of Sight (children and young people) or be prepared to acquire the mandatory qualification of Graduate Diploma in Habilitation and Disabilities of Sight (children and young people).
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including -
, A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated recruitment team
, Excellent rates of pay
, Payroll service twice a week
Loyalty bonus & refer a friend Scheme
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Emma at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email email@example.com
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: £27 - £29 per hour
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Emma Petricco
- Tel: 01772 55208964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-27 10:21:53 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist