This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
JOB TITLE: Homelessness Prevention Adviser
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 36 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon-Fri 9am-5:15pm
The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients to supported schemes.
Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice' in the social housing field.
Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
- Delivering a ‘best practice' support service, appropriate to clients' needs.
Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice' in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service.
The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable adults.
Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus.
- Experience of promoting Equality & Diversity, the ability to represent the client to other agencies and companies when necessary.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload, the ability to effectively communicate in writing including the preparation of letters, reports and file notes.
- The ability to contribute to effective team working and good knowledge of IT which do include Microsoft packages - Word and Excel.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
- Rate: Up to £12 per hour
- Location: Bristol, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Connor Sarginson
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-27 09:32:46 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Support Worker
- Independent Living Coordinator
- Band 5 - Registered Mental Health Nurse - Middlesbrough
- Band 2 General Healthcare Assistant - CHCP
- Maintenance Joiner
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse