Head of Housing Needs
Job Title: Head of Housing Needs
Contract: 3 months temp ongoing
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Hillingdon, who are looking for someone to provide leadership nd management of a complex, demand-led multidisciplinary Homeless Prevention and Housing Allocations Service delivering creative and innovative solutions to resolve housing issues for our residents.
You will work with Cabinet and Elected Members, Council services, partners, residents and commissioned service providers to develop and implement the policy and strategic direction for homelessness and housing allocations to ensure corporate priorities are delivered to put our residents first.
- To be responsible for the selection, development and performance of the Homeless Prevention and Housing Allocations team in line with the Council's HR policies
- Advise and support senior managers and Cabinet Members regarding understanding and implementing new legislation, policy guidance and strategies
- Be the expert lead and source of advice to Members and Chief Officers in the Council on homelessness and housing legislation, policy, and procedures.
Keep up to date with changing policy and legislation and provide briefings on changes as required.
- Ensure that statutory requirements are always met for homelessness and housing services, including appeals, reviews, complex case law, Housing Register, MARAC, MAPPA etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring statutory assessments (e.g.
Homelessness review and strategy) are undertaken in line with legal requirements based on sound needs analysis.
Contribute to Housing Strategy and other plans to support continuous improvement and to inform commissioning plans.
- Be responsible for ensuring that homelessness and housing allocations staff are up to date with changing legislation, policy and operational requirements.
Ensure effective quality assurance systems are in place to review case work decisions and service change is implemented following audits of case work.
- Chartered Institute of Housing professional qualification
- A management qualification e.g.
ILM, or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of leading and managing a complex, fast-paced frontline housing service including homelessness or housing allocations
- Significant experience in preparation, management and control of large complex budgets.
- Significant experience in developing and implementing effective commissioning plans to reduce levels of homelessness.
- Leading the delivery of complex, cross-cutting service improvement plans and business strategies to improve services, including business performance and risk management plans.
- In depth and up to-date knowledge and understanding of local and national strategy and legislation in relation to housing
- Sound understanding of practical implementation of procurement and commissioning of services and relationship management.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain budgets and report accurately.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com
- Rate: Up to £375 per day
- Location: Hillingdon, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Joel Hopwood
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-22 11:48:48 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist