One of Devon's largest Housing Associations is recruiting for a Housing Worker to work in one of their supported housing schemes in Paignton, working with service users to maintain their tenancy.
As a Housing Worker you will provide a service that will achieve key intensive housing management functions, ensure good operational performance and ensure successful move on for tenants/licencees, ensuring residents receive appropriate support, encouragement and advice according to their individual needs to enable them to settle into or maintain their accommodation.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maximise rent and service charge income by ensuring that losses through arrears and voids are minimised through effective arrears recovery and void management.
- Liaise with the Services Manager and work closely with the local authority and other partners ensuring appropriate referrals are made and that the service has a referral process and eligibility criteria in place.
Manage the waiting list for accommodation and establish applicants' priority for accommodation according to agreed criteria
- Take a proactive approach to the prevention of anti-social behaviour (ASB) including effective partnership working.
- Take effective and timely action in respect of breaches of occupancy agreements.
Target support for residents who are failing to comply with their occupancy agreements.
- Pre void inspection and liaison of void work/completion
To be considered for this role you will require previous experience working within housing management, including knowledge of voids and allocations; rent accounts and arrears management; service charges; resident involvement; knowledge of partnership working.
You will need to be able to deal with anti-social behaviour and have knowledge of a wide range of support needs, including homelessness, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a part time role, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The contract is initially temporary for 8 weeks with a chance of being extended or made permanent.
To apply for this role, please send your CV Lee McMillan at Service Care Solutions via lee .
mc millan @ service care .
You can also call Lee on 01772 208 966 discuss the role in more detail.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Rate: £12 - £13 per hour
- Location: Paignton, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-16 13:38:11 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Facilities Assistant
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Practitioner
- Night Support Worker
- Principle Property Lawyer
- Finance Business Partner
- 1151B - Probation Officer
- 1150B - Probation Officer
- Finance Assistant
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker -
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Childcare Lawyer
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Area Housing Assistant
- Crisis & Home Treatment Team (RMN)
- Data Analyst
- Homeless Prevention Adviser