Colchester & Tendring
Home Care Service
37.5 hours per week (Part Time also considered)
One of the largest housing associations in Essex is recruiting for a Care Assistant to provide a home care service to residents within their own homes across the wider Colchester area.
If you are passionate about helping others, have a caring nature, we are waiting to hear from you
This Care Assistant role is working in conjunction with health partners at Colchester Hospital, to support residents in local communities with their discharge and getting back on their feet.
This service supports residents being discharged with a short term care service whilst they are awaiting a full care package to be put in place, allowing them to return home sooner and continue their rehabilitation.
The service covers the Colchester and Tendring areas, including; Wivenhoe, Elmstead Market, Mersea, Great Bentley, St Osyth and Frinton.
The focus of this Care and Support Assistant role is to provide person centred care to our customers, helping them with their medication, personal care, moving and handling and promoting independence.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide personal care for the customer, assisting with personal care tasks where necessary, e.g.
personal hygiene, continence management, dressing, assisting with medication
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date to ensure compliance.
- Record all actions / tasks undertaken at each visit on the care plan sheet.
- Take account of and regularly review health and safety hazards and risks within the customer's home.
- To liaise with family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate.
- Have conversations with our customers to make a service that makes a difference to their lives
- Record the support provided and your interactions with our customers at each visit.
- Work with the customers, family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate to ensure that their goals are being met and they are happy with the support we provide.
To be considered for this Care and Support Assistant role you will require excellent interpersonal skills, and a passion for helping others!
The main requirement is for a full, clean UK license and access to a vehicle, as all training and certification is provided.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Excellent social skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Passion about meeting a person's needs in a way that they want them to be met
- Basic IT skills, use of email and to be able to update activity on our care app
Due to the nature of clients you will be working with in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a full time Care and Support Assistant vacancy, working 37.5 hours per week on a 2 week rolling rota.
Shifts are made up of 7am - 3pm and 3pm - 11pm and every other weekend.
The role is initially available on a 3-month temporary contract, however, has an excellent opportunuty to becoming permanent, offering a salary of £21,255 and additional benefits include the below:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday (bank holidays worked are paid double time)
- Option to buy 5 days extra annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Bupa Healthcare
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid mileage
- Full shift pay - this includes travel / wait time
- We pay for your initial and ongoing DBS checks
- Uniform, PPE and mobile phone provided
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Ongoing funded training to support you in your role as well as personal development to specialise in your chosen area of care and support.
If this Care and Support Assistant role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Care and Support Assistant role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Bank Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: £9.9 - £10.9 per hour
- Location: Frinton-On-Sea, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-13 15:36:12 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - NHS
- Registered General Nurse - Emergency Department
- Legal Assistant
- Victim Liaison Officer
- Senior Auditor
- Estates and Facilities Project Manager
- Procurement Associate
- Procurement Manager
- Band 7 Family Therapist London
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Social Care Facilitator
- Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse, Northampton
- Administrative Assistant Manager
- Driver Labourer
- Assistant Director Development Investment & Housing
- Senior Planning Officer