Job Title: Leasehold Officer
Contract: 3 months temp ongoing
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Wembley, who are looking for someone to provide an efficient, effective, and responsive administration and management service to the leasehold portfolio customers ensuring that customers fulfil the obligations of their lease, their schemes are well managed and that their income is maximised.
- To deliver the statutory consultative programme for leasehold major works and service charges, including responding to observations and associated correspondence from residents.
Together with Leasehold Finance Officers, support the production of corresponding service charges and estimates and all the associated enquiries and disputes.
- Provide a comprehensive leasehold consultation service on a patch basis or any other designated area.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the legislation and best practice in relation to leasehold consultation and leasehold management.
- To provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including the calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
- To plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales, and calculation of charges.
- To be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications.
Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues in the Leasehold Income Team to calculate annual and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies
- Knowledge of methods of recovery of arrears of rent and service charges in respect of leaseholders
- Direct experience and knowledge of housing legislation as it affects leaseholders
- Knowledge of assignment of leases
- Knowledge of the implications for landlords of the consultation requirements of the Common hold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- Knowledge of current leasehold issues and an ability to interpret and put into effect relevant legislation
- Day to day management of leasehold properties, including the control and recovery of arrears rent and service charges
- Enforcement of terms of home ownership leases
- Liaison with Solicitors in matters of assignment of leases
- Setting service charges and reconciling accounts
- Property and estate management
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: £21 - £22 per hour
- Location: Wembley, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Joel Hopwood
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-10 08:40:37 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Flood Risk Officer
- Property Lawyer- Conveyancer
- Fire Project Surveyor
- Asset Manager (Highways & Drainage)
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse - North Tees
- Building Surveyor
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - Malton
- Band 6 CPN - CAMHS
- Leasehold Property Manager
- Band 6 Health Visitor
- Business Support Admin - Leicestershire
- Children's Residential Worker - Leicestershire
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Credit Controller
- Housing Complaints Coordinator
- Consultant Psychiatrist