Senior Court Presentation Officer
Service Care Solutions are looking for a Senior Court Presentation Officer to work within the Lancashire Constabulary on an initial 3-month contract.
Location: Lancashire Police HQ (Hutton, PR4)
- To ensure the efficient running of Police Led Prosecutions (PLP) and the wider Prosecution team.
- To support and develop Court Presentation Officers (CPO) and Safer Roads Officers (SRO) in the Prosecution team.
- To continually strive for improvement and support change where necessary.
- To promote road safety, reducing those killed and injured on Lancashire's roads and where necessary bring offenders to justice.
- To have up to date knowledge of legislation, force policies and procedure in relation to specified offences, proceedings and to provide advice on these issues when required to do so.
- To quality assure files of evidence to ensure the successful prosecution of offenders and ensure cases are dealt with in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
- To present evidence in the Magistrates' Court and upgrade files to trial ready standard to support the prosecution of Lancashire Constabulary specified proceedings.
- To work closely with Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Her Majesty's Court and Tribunal Service (HMCTS) partners.
- To keep the SRU Prosecution Manager updated, ensuring any changes in legislation, policy, and procedure, those likely to affect demand within the SRU or partner agencies, or which may have funding implications, are communicated in a timely manner.
- Representing the SRU Prosecution Manager in their absence, undertaking any required duties.
- To contribute to the development of efficient processes in respect to criminal justice procedures, particularly in relation to case files and presentation at Court.
- To undertake supervisory responsibility for CPOs and Prosecution Team SROs, recognising personal achievements, identifying areas for development, addressing welfare needs, attendance or performance issues where necessary.
- To closely monitor adherence to procedural and legal requirements by the PLP and wider Prosecution teams, regularly monitoring file upgrades to ensure file quality remain high.
- To liaise with internal and external partners, to ensure SRU prosecution activities and objectives are understood and to prepare appropriate written communications or reports where necessary.
- Hold a relevant ILEX qualification or equivalent or be willing to complete within one year of appointment.
- Have completed or be willing to complete the Court Presentation Officer training.
- Experience of managing, motivating, and developing teams to achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and case file preparation process.
- Experience of managing performance and adherence to procedural and legal requirements.
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality, using tact and diplomacy where applicable.
- Experience of assessing information, providing logical, informed solutions, and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Experience of using Microsoft Software applications.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3-Months
- Rate: £14 - £16.29 per hour
- Location: City of Preston, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis O'Donnell
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-03-08 09:36:48 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Facilities Assistant
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Coordinator
- Recovery Practitioner
- Night Support Worker
- Principle Property Lawyer
- Finance Business Partner
- 1151B - Probation Officer
- 1150B - Probation Officer
- Finance Assistant
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker -
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Childcare Lawyer
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
- Area Housing Assistant
- Crisis & Home Treatment Team (RMN)
- Data Analyst
- Homeless Prevention Adviser