Qualified Educational Mental Health Practitioner
We are recruiting an Educational Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) to work within a Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Support Team in Lancashire.
The service supports children, young people and their families focusing on early intervention and delivered on a community and educational setting.
The successful applicant will be working within a Children and Young People (CYP) Mental Health Support Team who have bases in Greater Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancashire.
The service offers early intervention health and wellbeing services for children and young people using a wide range of creative and dynamic methods of engagement, including digital interventions, across community and educational settings.
The service supports CYP and their families or carers providing extra capacity for Early Intervention support withing Schools and College settings within 3 core areas:
- Providing evidence-based interventions for mild to moderate mental health and emotional wellbeing issues.
- Support designated senior mental health leads in each setting.
- Provide timely advice to school and college staff and parents as required.
The Education Mental Health Practitioner will deliver short term low intensity CBT informed interventions for children and young people aged 5-19 years with anxiety, low mood, common challenging behaviours, family and peer relationship difficulties, difficulty adjusting to change and transition or difficulty managing emotions in educational settings.
Working with Mental Health Leads and other educational staff to build on and develop evidenced-based Whole School Approaches.
As part of your work, you might:
- Advise on sleep hygiene, problem solving and panic attacks.
- Provide education for managing anxiety and depression.
- Promote approaches to improve emotional health and wellbeing.
- Advise and signpost education staff on further information to ensure children and young people get the right support.
- You will provide support to children and young people on a one-to-one basis.
You will also support schools and colleges with whole-organisation approaches to mental health and wellbeing.
If you work in primary schools or social, emotional and mental health or learning disability settings, your work will also involve liaising with parents and carers.
Pay and Contract
- Permanent Salary: £27,043 - £33,453pa
- Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 Friday 09:00 - 14:00
- Graduate / Post Graduate Diploma EMHP training course that is commissioned by Health Education England (HEE).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to build close, trusting and productive relationships with people.
- To be able work well within a multidisciplinary team
- A good understanding of mental health issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, tailored to a variety of audiences.
- To be able to work independently and use initiative to think quickly on the spot - often in challenging situations.
- Knowledge of the school and education system.
- 27 days' holiday + bank holidays, rising to 32 days over time
- Life assurance at 2 x basic salary
- Generous contributory pension scheme (14.3% employer contribution)
- Family-friendly policies
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and OH service
- Enhanced sick pay
- Excellent learning & development opportunities and career progression
- Annual performance / salary review
Interested? Contact Carly Harrison at Service Care Solutions
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £27043 - £33453 per annum
- Location: Leyland, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Carly Harrison
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-22 13:10:39 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Payroll and Reward Advisor
- Band 2 Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Band 5 Registered General Nurse
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Band 2 Healthcare Assistant - NHS
- Registered General Nurse - Emergency Department
- Legal Assistant
- Victim Liaison Officer
- Senior Auditor
- Estates and Facilities Project Manager
- Procurement Associate
- Procurement Manager
- Band 7 Family Therapist London
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Social Care Facilitator
- Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse, Northampton
- Administrative Assistant Manager
- Driver Labourer