This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
Young Victims Advocate
Young Victims Advocate needed with North Somerset Council
Start Date- ASAP
Location - Weston-Super-Mare
Duration - Initially 6 months
Hours per week - 37 hours per week
Salary - £20 ltd an hour
- To contribute to the work of the Young Victim's Service by identifying and addressing the needs of vulnerable young victims of crime, anti-social behaviour and domestic abuse in the Avon and Somerset area
- Case management of services with approximately 25-35 young people & their parents/carers (or pro rata equivalent)
- To develop and manage a range of interventions for young victims of crim/ASB and DA to support recovery from their experience and to develop strategies to promote safety and avoid further victimisation
- To sustain day-to-day contact with partner agencies as the need arises on a case-by-case basis
- To coordinate and delivery training
What is required?
- Professional qualification working with young people (e.g.
teaching, probation, social work, youth and community or health) to a degree level or equivalent
- Sufficient experience to directly work without close supervision with service users who may present with some challenging behaviours
- Sufficient experience to manage own workload without close supervision whilst working as part of a team
- Ability to travel the area extensively
- Prepared to work outside usual office hours, including evenings and weekends
If you are interested please call Jemma Molloy on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months
- Rate: Up to £20 per hour
- Location: Weston-Super-Mare, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Jemma Molloy
- Tel: 01772 208964
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-02-02 21:34:32 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Locum Practice Nurse
- Media Officer
- Business Information Analyst
- Reporting Manager
- BIO - Ipswich - OP1 XX
- 1140B - West Midlands
- BIO - HMP Eastwood Park - Kent - OP1XX
- Service (Network and Infrastructure) Architect
- 1139B - Senior Probation Officer
- Database Migration Engineer - Metropolitan Police
- Bail information officer - Lancashire Courts
- Registered Mental Health Nurse – Female Acute Ward
- Bail information officer - Manchester magistrates - OP1 XX
- Recovery Assistant
- Bail information officer - HMP Forrest Bank Manchester - OP1 XX
- Bail information officer - HMP Altcourse Liverpool - OP1 XX
- Stores Assistant 432
- Adult Social Care Lawyer
- Registered Mental Health Nurse - Emergency Department
- Bail information officer - HMP Newhall Wakfield WY - OP