Warehouse and Premises Manager
Salary DOE (focus is on the right person)
7am to 7pm on a shift pattern – some weekends will be required
Our client is seeking an experienced Warehouse and Premises Manager to establish, maintain and manage an efficient, organised operation in their Harlow warehouse.
The ideal candidate will have a strong proven track record of warehouse management as well as a keen eye for detail, a flexible approach to work, an abundance of drive, enthusiasm, passion, and energy.
You must have technical expereince within the AV industry.
Role and Responsibilities for the Warehouse and Premises Manager role:
- Manage staffing levels and rotas to ensure they are appropriate and managed to provide adequate cover.
- Manage and develop the warehouse team.
- Maintaining good leadership and actively promoting professionalism, teamwork and discipline.
- Oversee the accuracy of the Check In & Check Out process so it operates effectively, with suitable checks and paperwork in place, whether it is our own goods, client delivered goods or cross hired items.
- Ensure that planning and preparation is carried out in good time to resolve any issues prior to loading dates.
- Ensure the Quality Control and Preparation Standards of equipment is adhered to.
- Oversee weekly warehouse reporting.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are complied with and that colleagues are aware of their responsibilities and always adhere to safe working practices and standards.
- Oversee the maintenance & repair of our Safe Plant Equipment to ensure legal requirements are met and equipment is safe for use.
- Oversee the PAT testing, LOLER certification and maintenance processes.
- Responsible for new kit flight casing and working with the National Asset Manager to ensure kit has been added to our internal system.
- Overseeing kit repairs, damage charges and ensuring communications between Sales and Warehouse are fluid.
- Overseeing WEE Recycling & the selling of items when necessary.
- Oversee equipment demonstrations in Demo Area.
- Security – ensure that security gates, doors, entry systems etc are well maintained.
Ensuring that when the business is closed, appropriate security measures are in place.
- Oversee the Fire, Intruder, and Emergency lighting systems so they are maintained to a good standard and any issues resolved.
- Ensure all waste is appropriately and effectively disposed of.
- Oversee the visual impact of the premises such as, but not limited to, cleanliness, decoration, landscaping etc.
- Liaise with the Director of Facilities and Safety as necessary.
Qualifications and Pre-Requisites for the Warehouse and Premises Manager role:
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures, best practices and KPI’s.
- Excellent leadership skills – the ability to engage, motivate and manage others.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a busy environment and enjoy taking responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software systems.
- A flexible, adaptable approach in terms of working hours to facilitate the needs of the business.
- A great team player who is willing to contribute and integrate into the warehouse team.
- You must have technical expereince within the AV industry.
Physical Requirements for the Warehouse and Premises Manager role:
The duties and tasks of this position require the employee to regularly stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as push, pull, bend, climb, reach, twist, and kneel, and lift and/or move 25kg.
The employee will not always be in a temperature-controlled work environment and may experience temperature variations due to local weather conditions.
Overtime will be required as necessitated by the needs of the business which will include early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
The ability to facilitate this is key as the needs of the business are paramount.
If you are self-motivated, flexible and have the required skills and are looking for a new role with a company who are committed to career growth and development, call Marie now at Insignia Search on 020 3750 0575
* 307 or email MMcDermott@insignia-group.co.uk
- Rate: Very competitive
- Location: Harlow
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- Tel: 0203 750 0575
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 4fc3861ec3cdc97e
- Posted: 2023-01-30 15:00:13 -
- View all Jobs from Elite Executive Search & Selection Ltd