Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Managing Editor to work for a Police Force in Westminster.
Please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Role: Managing Editor
Pay: £390-£500 per day
Job Description - Managing Editor
Working under Head of Content.
Managing Editor - Responsibilities
- Deputising for the Head of Content for certain meetings.
- Support review cycles to ensure services meet UX and content strategy.
- Reviewing operational requirements and produce build briefs for the content team to deliver against.
- Support the review and revision of the content strategy with the Head of Content.
- Support the review and revision of governance policies including plain english, tone of voice, style guide, accessibility.
- Be the evangelist for the design pattern library, policing and encouraging its use across the services on the platform.
- Know how to design content for use across multiple channels and identify the simplest and best way to go out of a variety of approaches.
- Work with and challenge senior stakeholders.
- Know how to prioritise and mitigate constraints and turn them into an advantage.
As well as knowing how to adapt the approach depending on the constraints.
- Understand and practice good risk management.
- Help support and embed good practice within the team.
- Know how to build consensus between groups or highly independent and diverse stakeholders.
- Have sufficient understanding of and ability to spot potential security concerns.
- Be able to step up for incident management.
- Knowledge of agile ways of working and user centered content design
- Be an advocate for best practice and good content
- Strong editorial judgement : know how to tell a story and carry a narrative through content
- Up to speed on emerging digital trends and culture
- EPIServer Experience - if not Epi then another / other enterprise level CMS
- Confident communicator : able to persuade, negotiate , influence, network and work with stakeholders
- Excellent presentation presentation skills with experience presenting content
- propositions and deliverables to production owners and stakeholders
- Up to date with the latest content trends, ensuring our solutions and responding accordingly.
- Have a proven track record developing content to meet user needs for digital services
- Experience working collaboratively in fast-paced agile teams
- Strong original writing for different topics, audience groups, purposes , styles and formats.
- Experience developing content strategies or proposing content solutions to solve business challenges.
- Experience scoping and commissioning content
- Experience translating user and business needs into content artefacts (site-maps, content wireframes, prototypes etc)
- Open to constructive criticism whilst able to defend the design and user centred focus and principles of the platform
- Extensive experience of writing for the web; able to write micro copy for user interfaces as well as able to produce long form copy if required and understand where each might be used to best effect)
- Experience relating what users need to an existing content set, identifying gaps and overlaps.
- Extensive experience working in content publishing systems
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Street Scene Operative
- Project Manager
- Intergration Developer
- Senior Employment Lawyer- Manchester
- Family support worker
- Care broker
- Mental Health Lead
- Head of Property Services
- Band 6 Pharmacy Technician
- Estates Surveyor
- Band 8a Practitioner Psychologist
- Family Practitioner
- Guest Services Assistant
- Guest Services Assistant
- Credit Controller
- Sexual Health Nurse