Peer Mentor - 30 hours
Peer Mentor - 30 hours
£22,500 per year pro rata
A leading Welsh charity is now looking for a Peer Support Worker to join the team as a Peer Mentor (part-time) and help support local people around Aberystwyth and Ceredigion who are experiencing unemployment primarily related to poor mental health and related conditions.
The charity as a whole provides comprehensive aid to vulnerable people with mental health, addiction & related conditions who are facing difficult circumstances, such as with substance misuse, the criminal justice system, and/or loss of sufficient housing or employment.
Their peer mentoring scheme in particular supports and motivates people aged 16+ who are not in education, employment, or training to develop the independence and confidence they need to take on and stick with work-related opportunities.
As a Peer Mentor, you will draw on your personal life experience to support people affected by mental health or substance misuse issues to make positive life changes, particularly in relation to employment.
You will provide a combination of 1:1 support and group activities that help participants reach their potential, including facilitating and raising awareness of appropriate training and employment opportunities, holding CV writing and interview workshops, supporting with job applications, and encouraging attendance of interviews and placements.
This is a permanent, part-time position (30h per week) for a Peer Mentor in Aberystwyth.
- You must have a Level 2 qualification in Peer Mentoring or personal experience with mental health/substance misuse issues.
- You must have experience of working with people experiencing mental health or substance misuse issues.
- Organisational pension
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Life assurance policy
- Employee assistance services
- Employee prize draws
- Cycle to work scheme
- DBS and SCW registration fees paid for
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £22,500 per year pro-rata
- Location: Aberystwyth
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Charities
- Recruiter: Sterling Cross Trading LLP
- Tel: 01304 200313
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: AA/LL/11136
- Posted: 2023-01-16 14:24:50 -
- View all Jobs from Sterling Cross Trading LLP
More Jobs from Sterling Cross Trading LLP
- Oncology / Chemotherapy Staff Nurse - Full-time or Bank
- Building Manager
- Trainee Fire Risk Assessor
- Legal Cashier / Compliance
- Clinical Pharmacist - Full-Time or Bank
- Pharmacy Technician - Full-Time or Bank
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts and Finance Manager
- Security Team Leader
- HR Officer
- Site Engineer
- Project Manager - Civils
- Manufacturing Operative
- Accounts Assistant
- Commercial Solicitor
- Corporate Partner
- Commercial Property Partner
- Technical Sales Support
- Employment partner
- Private Client Fee Earner