A client within the Public Sector based in North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a HHSRS Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time (30 hours), temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a housing environment.
Key purpose of the role is to respond to complaints regarding property disrepair or poor housing conditions and undertaking inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the HHSRS.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Take enforcement action against owners and landlords in line with legislation and the Council's policy, as appropriate.
- Prepare letters, notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- Undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council's licensing function, management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
To be considered for this role you will require a full and clean driver's license and have at least 2 years' experience working in Environmental Health/Housing (training or qualified)
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Basic numeracy and written skills
- Work unsociable hours when asked to do so
- Ability to carry out interviews and take statements
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £22 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: Up to £22 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: North Yorkshire, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-01-13 12:48:30 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor
- Care Responder