Principal Planning Officer
A client within the Public Sector based in Greater Manchester is currently recruiting for a Principal Planning Enforcement Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a enforcement environment.
Key purpose of the role is to act as lead planning officer for the council on major, complex and controversial development proposals at all stages of the planning process.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Write clear, professional reports on complex planning issues for presentation to committee, project board, external groups or for decisions by the relevant management team within the Council.
- Sign off applications, consultation responses and other related decisions and reports for relevant committees, under delegated powers within the bounds of the relevant scheme of delegation
- Procure and thereafter instruct and manage external consultants, including specialist input into financial viability and other matters relating to development
To be considered for this role you will require Diploma or Masters in Town and Country Planning or related subject and hold a Chartered Membership of the RTPI or be eligible to attain full Chartered Membership within 1 year of appointment.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Extensive experience in planning and development management
- Experience of delivering the planning service by electronic means and good aptitude with ICT and specialist planning software.
- Experience and track record of having handled major and complex pre-application enquiries, applications and appeals.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £20 - £25X per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: £20 - £25 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: Rochdale, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-01-13 11:45:30 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor
- Care Responder