Service Charge Accountant
Job Title: Service Charge Accountant
Contract: Temporary on going, start date ASAP
Hours: 37, 9am-5pm
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Essex, who are looking for someone to construct service charges for all residents and ensure they are clear, transparent, accurate and sent in a timely manner.
You will be expected to work closely with colleagues in Finance to ensure the service charge accounts to ensure financial reporting is consistent across the business.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate billing of all service charges.
All charge details to be clear and transparent, giving reasons/details of large increases for residents
- Construct service charges on all new developments ensuring that all charges are reasonable and recoverable
- Ensure service charge policies and procedures comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and Swan's financial regulations.
Keep up-to-date on statutory, regulatory, and best practice developments and ensure policies, procedures and practices conform
- Prepare management accounts, validating all service charges and process inter-department cross charges.
Monitor discrepancies between estimated and actual costs taking corrective action where appropriate
- Ensure that rent review processes are completed, including service charge calculation for all tenures
- Manage the production of service charge estimates and actual audited statements ensuring they are issued in time and comply with statutory requirements
- Assist by providing information in a timely manner so that complaints and service charge disputes can be responded to in line with the Association's procedures.
Take action to remedy any weaknesses identified in service delivery
- Assist as necessary with ensuring accurate information is provided for Courts, Mediation and Tribunals, including attendance where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with statutory consultation process for works governed by section 20 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 (as amended)
- Produce and monitor the service charge budget
- Recognised qualification in accounting or housing and property management
- Experience of attending the Residential Property Tribunal Service
- Experience of working with Managing Agents
- Experience of line management and / or relevant qualification
- Knowledge of working with service charges
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, policy and best practice relating to service charges
- Detailed knowledge of the construction, accounting, and management of service charges
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel - ability to do VLOOKUP's and pivot tables
- Ability to develop a network of contacts
- Finance and accounting ability to interpret and analyse data, producing and presenting meaningful conclusions
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor