JOB TITLE: Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Rota Basis
The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients to supported schemes.
Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice' in the social housing field.
Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
- Delivering a ‘best practice' support service, appropriate to clients' needs.
Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice' in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service.
The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable adults.
Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus.
- Experience of promoting Equality & Diversity, the ability to represent the client to other agencies and companies when necessary.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload, the ability to effectively communicate in writing including the preparation of letters, reports and file notes.
- The ability to contribute to effective team working and good knowledge of IT which do include Microsoft packages - Word and Excel.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor