Engineers - Streetworks Inspector
A client within the Public Sector based in Somerset is currently recruiting for an Engineer - Streetworks Inspector to join their technical team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a planning environment
The purpose of the role is to carry out a range of activities including co-ordination, monitoring, safe systems of work, compliance and giving advice on traffic management requirements.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Technical knowledge in Streetworks, Roadworks or New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA)
- Knowledge and understanding of technical standards, safe working practices and legislation for highways construction schemes, including experience of monitoring contract bill of quantities, specifications and associates contract documents.
- To analyse designated areas of work and interpret technical drawings/specifications and make recommendations to improve them.
- Vocational qualification or experience to level 4 or above in a relevant subject area such as ONC/HNC in civil engineering or transportation
- Accredited supervisor under NRSWA 1991
- Previous extensive practical experience of working within highways contract supervision, working with contractors/consultants, giving rise to a variety of technical skills and sound understanding of the standards, legal responsibilities, work practices and processes relevant to the role, including Traffic Signals Manual chapter 8, Highway Code and Traffic Management Act 2004
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £16 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Rate: Up to £16 per hour + UMBRELLA LTD
- Location: Somerset, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Amy Dhawan
- Tel: 01772 208 967
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-12-15 16:00:50 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Residential Support Worker
- Customer Service Officer
- CQC Registered Manager
- Housing Options Assistant
- Archive Legal Assistant
- Short Breaks Team Leader
- Lead Finance Officer
- Housing Process Administrator
- Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Arabic Speaking Family Support Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Band 6 - Cambridge
- Passenger Assistant
- Minute Taker
- Business Support Assistant
- HR Operations Lead Officer
- Children's Registered Manager
- Adult Education Tutor