Part Time (22.5hrs, flexible days)
6 weeks temp to perm
One of the largest housing associations in Devon is recruiting for a Support Worker to provide person centred support and enablement to service users with mental health and complex needs within their service in Dawlish.
This Support Worker role is based within a supported housing service, which provides housing support to tenants with complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse.
The service is based within a 3 bed property with a maximum of 3 tenants.
The focus of this Support Worker role is to support and enable service users towards independent living, whilst managing and sustaining their tenancy.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring service users have taken medication appropriately
- Supporting with independent living skills, such as budgeting and maximising benefits
- Providing tenancy related support
- Work with residents on their underlying support needs, such as mental health and substance misuse
- Ensure service users maintain contact with their drug and alcohol workers
To be considered for this Support Worker role you will require previous experience working within supported housing, ideally with complex needs service users and a knowledge of substance misuse and homelessness.
A driver with access to a vehicle is preferable, but not essential.
Due to the vulnerable nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a temporary Support Worker vacancy on an initial 6 week contract, covering the recruitment process for a permanent member of staff, meaning there is a chance the role could be extended, or made permanent.
The role is part time, working 22.5 hours per week over three days, which are flexible.
If this Housing Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support Worker role, please send your CV lee .
mc millan @ service care .
uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 Months
- Rate: £11 - £13 per hour
- Location: Dawlish, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lee McMillan
- Tel: 01772 208966
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-12-08 15:21:33 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Voids Supervisor
- Pensions Administrator
- Voids Joiner
- Building Maintenance Officer
- Project Manager - Complex Works
- Information Governance Freedom of Information
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Learning Support Assistant
- IT Application Support Specialist
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- RMN - Priory
- HCA - NHS
- Health Care Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Primary Care Financial Analyst
- Rough sleeper Worker
- Home First Team Manager
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- Health & Well-Being Worker
- Residential Support Worker