Healthcare Assistant - HCA
HCA Health Care Assistant
£10.55 - £10.92 per hour + enhancements
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Health Care Assistant (HCA) to join a community care hub in Bedfordshire – experience not required if you’ve got great communication skills and an empathetic attitude!
The care hub provides around-the-clock support – from pain and symptom management to emotional and practical help – to individuals with life-limiting conditions and their families within their own homes.
The service makes a real difference to people who need excellent specialist care but wish to stay in their most familiar and comfortable place.
As a Health Care Assistant with the care hub, you will:
- develop skills in specialist end-of-life care, with full training and development provided.
- visit individuals in their homes to deliver tailored in-person care and support.
- offer occasional telephone support and advice to patients, families, and other care professionals.
- guarantee that patients have the choice about where they are cared for, with full access to the dedicated care they need during this incredibly stressful time.
You will be paid for your full scheduled shift, not just the time spent on visits.
This is a permanent role for a Health Care Assistant, with either full-time or part-time hours and either days or night shifts available to suit you.
You will be offered an additional 30% enhancement for night and weekend shifts, and 60% for any bank holidays.
Pool cars are available for use and allocated on a weekly basis.
It is preferable but not essential to have recent experience in a care environment and/or NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
You must have access to your own transport as this role is community-based.
- Enhanced pay for nights and weekends (30%) and bank holiday (60%) shifts
- 45p per mile travel subsidies
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- Continuation of NHS pension & holiday allowance (T&Cs apply)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- 27 days’ holiday, increasing to 33 with length of service, plus bank holidays and options to buy/sell
- Carers leave policy
- Employee assistance scheme
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £10.55 - 10.92 per hour + 30% enhancement on weekends
- Location: Bedford
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Sterling Cross Trading LLP
- Tel: 0000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: KW/MK/11026/1
- Posted: 2022-12-01 13:59:04 -
- View all Jobs from Sterling Cross Trading LLP
More Jobs from Sterling Cross Trading LLP
- Oncology / Chemotherapy Staff Nurse - Full-time or Bank
- Building Manager
- Trainee Fire Risk Assessor
- Legal Cashier / Compliance
- Clinical Pharmacist - Full-Time or Bank
- Pharmacy Technician - Full-Time or Bank
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts and Finance Manager
- Security Team Leader
- HR Officer
- Site Engineer
- Project Manager - Civils
- Manufacturing Operative
- Accounts Assistant
- Commercial Solicitor
- Corporate Partner
- Commercial Property Partner
- Technical Sales Support
- Employment partner
- Private Client Fee Earner