Job Title: Housing Officer
Company: Optivo Housing Association
Type: Temp 3 months, until 31st March 2023
Hours: 36, hybrid working available
Location: Croydon, CR0 9XP
Purpose of the Role
I am representing Optivo HA, who are looking for someone to provide a comprehensive housing management service, within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed performance standards, ensuring a high-quality customer service is always provided.
- Provide an effective generic housing management service, working with multi-agency partners and within the relevant legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Sign up and visit residents on a regular targeted and pro-active basis, ensuring tenancy conditions are met and properties are maintained to a good standard.
- Complete welfare checks and making safeguarding referrals, monitoring, and updating cases, working in partnership with multi agency partners.
- Carry out pre-void inspections and ensure the turnaround of vacant properties are within agreed key performance indicators.
Attend court and prepare any papers as required where there are tenancy breaches that warrant it.
- Investigate and respond promptly to allegations of anti-social behaviour (ASB) and tenancy fraud and the ongoing monitoring of cases, ensuring agreed targets are met.
Attend court and preparing any papers as required where there are tenancy breaches that warrant it.
- Provide a holistic approach to resident contact, identify opportunities to carrying out tasks on behalf of other teams, and/or support residents into services to improve health and wellbeing, employment, education, and training.
- Maintain accurate and timely records using office systems and databases such as CRM, ReAct etc.
Prepare contracts, notices and legal papers as required.
Schedule appointments, proactive campaigns, and neighbourhood inspections as needed.
- Assist the income management team in ensuring rental and service charge income is maximised and recovered.
- Develop/maintain key relationships with:
- ASB, Lettings, Customer Service, Property Service and Contact Centre Teams.
- Technology and CRM Teams
- Customer Experience Team
- Other HAs
- Local Authorities, Police, Social Services, and other statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of working in housing related or similar customer facing area or studying a housing related subject.
- Experience with viewings, welfare visits, mutual exchanges, successions and ASB.
- Some understanding of issues around housing law, rights of tenants and landlords and laws relating to repairs.
- Some understanding of common building defects and the solutions.
- Full Driving License and access to your own vehicle.
- Able to develop and review Policy and Procedure regarding arears and income management.
- Adopt and comply with strategy and regulatory requirements, organisational values, policies, and procedures, including Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Procurement, Data Quality & Assurance, Safeguarding, Value for money.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Voids Supervisor
- Pensions Administrator
- Voids Joiner
- Building Maintenance Officer
- Project Manager - Complex Works
- Information Governance Freedom of Information
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Learning Support Assistant
- IT Application Support Specialist
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- RMN - Priory
- HCA - NHS
- Health Care Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Primary Care Financial Analyst
- Rough sleeper Worker
- Home First Team Manager
- Housekeeping Team Leader
- Health & Well-Being Worker
- Residential Support Worker