Job Title: ASB & Community Cohesion Specialist
Work Pattern: 35 hours
Type: 3 months temp on going
Duration: 19th December 2022 - 13th March 2023
Location: Islington, N1 1XR
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Islington, who are looking for someone to act as a specialist practitioner in the provision of holistic and person-centred tenancy management services to residents at high risk of losing their tenancy and other types of harm associated with antisocial behaviour and crime, either as victims / survivors or perpetrators.
You will be working collaboratively with the Service Manager, Head of Service, other colleagues within the structure and the full range of stakeholders from across the multiagency partnership, the post-holder will take a leading role in the design, continuous development, and delivery of the Intensive Tenancy Sustainment Service, in accordance with the Homes and Communities Directorate Plan and the council's aspiration to offer the best prevention and early intervention services in the country.
- Ensure the Housing department provides a pro-active, short to medium-term crisis intervention and tenancy sustainment service to tenants at high risk of harm, building on their strengths to facilitate personalised, creative, and realistic interventions that reduce risk and promote resilience and recovery.
- Enable the team to establish and maintain expertise in the range of issues that jeopardise the sustainability of a tenancy or the welfare of the tenant, developing and implementing a suite of tools and resources to support the delivery of the service.
- To work collaboratively with the Service Managers to ensure cover is available to respond to emergencies and other ‘on-the-day' service requirements (e.g., viewings) involving the most vulnerable residents.
- To be the lead operational officer within H&C for residents experiencing serious ASB and crime, providing expert housing and tenancy-related advice and support, that is tailored to the specific needs of this cohort, directly to council tenants, their families, advocates, and other professionals including the wider staff team.
- To be the operational lead on area of specialism, managing budgets, coordinating work-streams, and managing projects to ensure that the service plan is delivered within timescales and on budget.
- Significant experience of enabling people (victim & perpetrator) at high risk of harm due to antisocial / criminal behaviour to stay safe, resolve their problems, stop offending and recover from their experiences.
To include experience of using legal and enforcement options and attending court.
- Significant experience of working in tenancy management/ASB/social housing/homelessness services.
- Experience of line management and coaching / capacity building with teams, preferably obtained in a housing or support-related organisation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of housing and other relevant policy and legislation, including housing supply and demand issues and welfare reform.
- An excellent knowledge of the network of statutory and non-statutory social and community services and how these may be utilised to support and empower vulnerable people.
- Ability to adhere to the Council's Dignity for All policy.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Project Manager
- Intergration Developer
- Senior Employment Lawyer- Manchester
- Family support worker
- Care broker
- Mental Health Lead
- Head of Property Services
- Band 6 Pharmacy Technician
- Estates Surveyor
- Band 8a Practitioner Psychologist
- Family Practitioner
- Guest Services Assistant
- Guest Services Assistant
- Credit Controller
- Sexual Health Nurse
- Compliance Officer